Monday, August 4, 2008

sweet home chicago, here i come!
























the midwest tour is finally coming to a close and gingerfoxxx will be safe at home in Chicago tonight.  Thank goodness, i have a busy couple of days ahead of me!  I ended this adventure in none other than rockford, IL.  I have heard that only two good things ever came out of rockford: one of them is cheap trick, and the other is this girl that apparently is amazing.

Being in rockford, i decided i wanted to have the full honky tonk experience.  when in rome!  This is how i found myself at a dive bar named "scoobie's redneck bar" downing my fourth martini and singing cheap trick songs on the karaoke machines for the the charming locals.  I wont lie, the crowd loved me.  I come from a long line of karaoke stars, and apparently i inherited the gene.  Back by popular demand, i also performed american girl by tom petty and summer in the city by lovin spoonful.  i also spent some time sampling shots and dancing with the townies, and it couldn't have been a more pleasant experience!  I was even asked to join a local band that needed a female lead singer!

maybe next time fellas!  gingerfoxxx has got to get back to the big city, all you small towns were fun, but chicago is the greatest city in the world! (especially if your ginger  ;)  )

No comments: