Tuesday, March 24, 2009

vay cay is over :(










Well gingerfoxxx is back in the US and working hard. (at being fabulous!) Mexico was AMAZING! and surprisingly a lot like home! Gingerfoxxx and co got bumped up to first class on the way there (naturally) which really helped my fear of flying. and sitting next to people who aren't as fabulous as me. Leaving Chicago, it was like 20 degrees, so i had to be bundled up in boots a scarf, and my winter coat. But when we got there it was almost 90! i was literally stripping in the airport and it was fabulous. It took about an hour to get to the hotel, get a bikini on and get a beer in my hand and run out to the beach. I had never seen the ocean before, and i wont lie.....i was starting to think it was something that was made up for movies and enviromentalists. Maybe everytime i saw it on TV it was just a nicely rendered animation? something made up by hallmark like santa claus, or cupid, or god.

I assure, the ocean is real, and it is amazing!! I will always love Chicago, but i am thinking that if i ever settle down in one place longer than a year, its going to have to be near the ocean. It was love at first sight!

And not only does mexico have the most beautiful and blue oceans, but it has unlimited booze! It was like i finally came home. Everyone there was super cool, and even though there was a slightly intimidating ratio of bros, they were actually really cool in mexico. Hooray mexico bros! Without you, i never would have gotten my suitcase anywhere, and i would not have been quite as entertained.

Most of the crews time was spent on the beach, splashing around in the ocean, and teaching gingerfoxxx to swim (thanks guys!) I got to sit in a hammock for the first time (so difficult to get into, haha) i got to soak up sun and read "Love in the time of Cholera" (perfect for a jaded girl such as myself) and i even got to go snorkeling! (I saw sea kittens! and coral!!!)

Of course being the party girl i am, gingerfoxxx wanted to go out dancing! and ray ray, bless her heart, who hates dancing, got glammed up and rocked the strip. It was pretty much like a strip of campus bars, only everyone their is from europe and south america. awesome! We got to dance with boys from almost every country! Next time, i am bringing a stamp card with a map on it, and checking off countries as i go. (HA!)



I think one of my favorite parts of the whole trip was riding on the boat!! I think i found my new method of transportation! I could live on a boat. Perhaps i was meant to be a pirate? I loved the wind in my hair, and i can't wait to be on one again.

The only thing i didnt get to do was build a sand castle. So, tragically, it looks like we will have to go back. preferebly some time soon. ;)

In general, gingerfoxxx is strictly opposed to romance (*puke*) but i won't lie, being in mexico, even i wanted to sit on the beach and watch the sunset. Perhaps there is hope for this ginger yet. Is a new day for gingerfoxxx on the horizon?? we will see.

Coming home was heartbreaking of course, because who wants to leave behind running around mostly naked all day and drinking before noon. But, we slapped on some green beads, and came back to chicago, the land of the irish, and went right into st. patricks day mode. The tequila to whiskey transition went suprisingly smooth! I got to catch up with my good friend Jay, and being at all the irish bars made me think maybe gingerfoxxx should investigate the east coast this summer (preferrably boston!) all in good time, we will see what the future holds for this undeniably fabulous ginger. :)

whats that? vay cay pics? :)

No comments: