Thursday, June 30, 2011

Country ginger love

Oh Chicago traffic, you are the worst!  Normally i try to edumacate myself and listen to NPR, but sometimes i need a break from becoming more brilliant to just relax and listen to some country jams.  For whatever reason today, like every song i listened to seemed to be about gingers!  The first one that caught my attention was "My front porch"  by Lonestar.  Check it out below
Its a cute enough song, but i hate the term carrot top, so he lost me a little bit there.  Plus it is one of those twangy love songs which is not really my jam.  Next up was "White Liar"  by Miranda Lambert.  
Miranda's is a little sassy because she is singing it from the viewpoint of a jilted lover who's man is tramping around town with a red hot ginger.  If i've heard it once, i've heard it a million times.  Us gingers are irresistible.  In fact, the only reason i'm not stealing your boyfriend right now is because blogging is exhausting.  (right...)


Lastly is "You and Tequila"  By Kenny Chesney and Grace Potter
Ok, you got me.  It's not about gingers at all, but i like this song, and i like tequila, and it just makes sense!  


I think the universe (or at least Chicago's country music station)  Was all about ginger pride today.  Or at least they wanted to keep me entertained on my drive home!

No comments: