Tuesday, July 14, 2009

a southern ginger belle part 2!

SATURDAY: Excellent nights sleep :) Woke up and went and had breakfast at a place where FAIRY TALES ARE BORN. For real real, not for play play. Little old woman named mable
, in a gas station, making you breakfast. And she knows everyones name! Like its a big southern family! I couldn't have dreamed it. She fed me grits. at that moment i was home (*note. is it really that easy to win me over with a bowl of grits??? yes. yes, it is.) Braced ourselves for a country drive to a lake house in no-car! (thats north carolina for the unfabulous)
















































Seriously?  places like this exist????  I'm dying!  hanging by the beach, sipping cocktails, playing in the water...and most importantly, riding on a boat!!!  This summers big trend?  riding on boats with southern gentleman! no substitutions!    

Actually sat on a boat, watching the sunset, listening to music, surrounded by rolling hills.  you know i can't make this up if i try.  I am so renting this scenario out to romance novelists!

Last but not least, my epic southern journey took me back through so-car for so lounging around, ball throwing, and sitting in the sun, as well as back to ATL for some flip burger.  If you are going to look at any link today (and you will, you blog whores)  check out flip burger.  un-flipping-believable!  ha!  best meal everrrrr!


And here i am, back in chicago.  Its nice to be home, but home doesnt seem quite as bright when its up against the so-car stars at night.  I can assure you, i will be visiting the south again.  I can almost taste the okra now!!

:)

****also, fun fact!  This lake was the same lake where dirty dancing was filmed.  one of my all time fav movies!  i sooo will dance like that some day.  if you haven't seen it, then what the hell is wrong with you???



No comments: