Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Technological advancements in dating?

It has been brought to my attention that the most common way to initiate a first date is through text message, rather than by actual phone call.

really?

I guess its not that hard to believe, i mean people are constantly texting.  Even i went over in texts last month.  (In my defense, i text solely because i love the sound it makes)  But doesn't it seem a little stand-offish when matters of the heart are involved?  I am a little concerned that dating all together will dissolve into nothing more than professing your love through gmail chat and securing your relationship status on facebook.

what ever happened to going to movies???

On the plus side, i suppose digital dating has its advantages.  People i have talked to that are pro digital dating have stated that its much easier to be coy and flirtatious when you have a minute to think through what your going to say.  

On the downside, however, its much easier to be coy and flirtatious when you have a minute to think through what your going to say.  What happens when you're face to face?  Maybe the person on the other end can't even put a sentence together and had a linguistically blessed friend filling in!  Isn't this beginning to sound a little like Cyrano de Bergerac????

Either way, i refuse to take a side.  I definitely can appreciate the old world charm of being taken out and talked up old school style, but if coy and flirtatious texts are the wave of the future, than bring it.  Gingerfoxxx invented coy and flirtatious.  bitches.

It can't be avoided mentioning sexting either in a techno-dating post.  Sexting?  REALLY?  i get it.  Dating by text is convenient.  But if we are really reducing ourselves to sending naked pictures via text instead of ACTUALLY having sex with people, then let me be the first to raise a voice of concern.  Get off your lazy asses and go have sex with people.  seriously.  bitches.

Until next time, always the romantic, gingerfoxxx is going to wait for her dating life to transition into a John Cusack movie.  If you need me, I will be waiting for John to appear outside window blaring Peter Gabriel.  Any day now.....



And for the digital daters, a little techno romance!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

RayRay would like to respectfully disagree with Gingerfoxxx on this one, so there's just no guessing what girls want. Obviously you can't have a whole e-relationship, and things have to click when you are in person, but I have no problem with the idea of being asked out by text for the following reasons:

1. I don't want to talk to you on the phone. I hate talking on the phone...a lot. I would happily accept a date via text message...it is like double the fun b/c I got a date AND I avoided having to talk to you on the phone.
2. I will ask you out via text message, but I will not call you to ask you out or otherwise (see #1).
3. I will say sassier things to you by text than I will in person or on the phone which is fun.

Unknown said...

I'll sass anyone. Text. Phone. Or live.
Bs n 4s

Unknown said...

*editors note:

However, I must also emphatically boycott sexting. That's like dealing with an entire year's worth of b.s. with no st. Patty's day. I mean, where's the payoff?

Marie the ginger foxxx said...

Gingerfoxxx would like to state that she is neither for or against asking out by text message-she is only perplexed by it. But i sure am glad to hear other peoples views.

I am fully against sexting though. You will never see naked pictures of me on a phone. But i am always accepting requests for nakedness in person!

Rachel said...

I demand a roller derby post.

Rachel said...

http://www.good.is/?p=14999&gt1=48001